Bust those Winter Blues with Exercise
Many people feel a little "down" in the winter, due to the shorter days and colder temperatures. But, there's a simple fix that can help: exercise! Exercise causes your brain to release endorphins—the feel-good chemicals that can improve your mood. A walking program is the perfect place to start, but any type of exercise you enjoy will boost your mood—the key is consistency.
If lack of consistency has foiled your fitness routine in the past, here are three tips for sticking with your blues-busting winter exercise plan can help
New Small Group Training:
Core Blast/Weekend Warrior Bootcamp
Start your Saturdays off right with a great morning workout! Sign up for one or both classes.
- Core Blast: Awaken your core muscles with our 30-minute Core Blast class. Strengthen your midsection with multiple exercises that will burn calories, make you sweat, and build a stronger you.
- Weekend Warrior Bootcamp: Come join us for a military-style workout that will energize your day. Burn calories while working on multiple muscle groups.
Ongoing, starting Jan. 4, 2020Time:
9 - 9:30 a.m. (Core Blast), 9:30 - 10 a.m. (Weekend Warrior)Location:
Virtua Health and Wellness Center – Moorestown, 401 Young Ave., Moorestown, NJCost:
Drop-in for $15 per class; packages are $60 for 4 sessions, $110 for 8, and $165 for 12
Contact Darren Lewis at Dlewis@virtuafitness.org
for more information.
Les Mills BODYPUMP and CXWORX Launch
Join us to try new Les Mills BODYPUMP and CXWORX classes at either our Moorestown or Voorhees Fitness Centers. BODYPUMP is a group barbell class that helps you get lean, toned and strong, while CXWORX focuses on your core, which is vital to improving everything from everyday movements to your favorite sports and workouts. Dates:
- Friday, Jan. 10, 2020 - Moorestown
- Saturday, Jan. 11, 2020 - Voorhees
Please call for class times and registrationLocations:
- Virtua Health and Wellness Center – Moorestown, 401 Young Ave., Moorestown, NJ
- Virtua William G. Rohrer Center for HealthFitness, 2309 Evesham Road, Voorhees, NJ
Yoga Health Series
It's a new decade! Time to put your resolutions into action. Join our Yoga Health Series and learn how different types of yoga can really take your health to the next level.Dates:
Eight consecutive Tuesdays, Jan. 21 - March 10, 2020
- January 21 - Yoga for digestion
- January 28 - Tai Massage Part 1: Thai Hermit Self Stretch “Reusi Dat Ton”
- February 4 - Tai Massage Part 2: Tai Massage
- February 11 - Yoga for Hip Opening
- February 18 - Pranayama
- February 25 - Yoga for Healthy Heart
- March 3 - Yoga Nidra for sleep
- March 10 - Yoga for Balance
6 - 7:30 p.m.Location:
Virtua William G. Rohrer Center for HealthFitness, 2309 Evesham Road, Voorhees, NJCost:
$79 for members; $99 for non-members; $15 drop-in for a single class
Contact Kierstin Mitchell at Kmitchell@virtuafitness.org
for more information.